This easy stuffed mushroom recipe is great for a family get together or to bring to a friends house for a potluck. A stuffed mushroom can be a very fulfilling little bite. I use portobello mushroom, there a little meatier than your white button mushroom.The mushroom is the stuffed with bread crumbs, 2 different types of cheese, a touch of garlic and red peppers. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 10oz pkg portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 chopped fresh/ frozen spinach
- 10 -12 thin slices mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- 2Wash mushrooms and remove there stems.
- 3In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, spinach and red pepper
- 4Add chicken broth, melted butter and water to the bread crumb mixture and stir till just moistened
- 5Fill each mushroom with about 2 tbsps of the bread crumb mixture, pattening the filling down to make a flat top.
- 6Place mushrooms in a shallow baking dish and fill with water halfway up. Place one slice of mozzarella on top of each mushroom.
- 7Bake 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with parsley