This past Tuesday my husband asked me for tacos but wanted something a little different so I decided to make a Taco lasagna it had all the normal taco ingredients meat, beans and of course cheese just all placed in a baking dish. The best part about this was all I had for clean up was 2 dishes and a baking dish instead of a bunch of bowls with all the different items so everyone could make there own individual taco.
Here's the format layer tortilla shells ( flour, wheat or spinach) on the bottom of a 13 by 9 baking dish, slatter on some refried beans followed by some turkey chop meat, black beans, corn and cheese repeat this step a few times place your baking dish in the oven make yourself a margarita and sit back and relax until it's all done that it's that easy!! There's no laying out a thousand different items on your kitchen table everything is in one pan.
- 2 lbs Turkey Chop meat
- 2 pkgs taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and monetary or pepper jack cheese
- 1 pkg flour tortilla shells ( 8
- 1 Jar queso dip
- 1 cup of sweet kernel corn
- Lettuce, tomato, avocado ( opitional
- 1Brown Turkey in a skillet until no longer pink. Add both packets of taco seasoning( follow directions on packet for how much water to add)
- 2Spray a 13 by 9 baking dish. Layer about 4 tortilla shells on the bottom, tortilla shells will over lap.
- 3Spread 1/4 cup refried beans on top of the tortilla shells, followed by 1 cup of turkey, 1/4 cup of black beans, 1/4 cup of corn, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese mixture and then top with more tortilla shells repeat meat,beans,corn and cheese.
- 4Top the lasagna with 4 tortilla shells and bake covered with foil for 30 mins at 400 degrees. Take baking dish out of the oven and cover the top of the lasagna with Queso dip ( I use a dip medium in temperature). Place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Top with shredded lettuce, avocado, diced tomatoes and sour cream if desired.