Chicken Fajitas are for dinner tonight YUM! We all love mexican food every now and then but not only can finding a free night to go out be hard, but sometimes finding a good mexican restaurant can be too. Chicken Fajitas are one of the more popular mexican dishes. I mean who doesn't love it when that sizzling plate comes to your table with that alluring aroma of caramelized onions and peppers calling your name.
Well I have a fajita recipe for you. So pour yourself a margarita and sit down and enjoy this delicious dish after you do just a little bit of cooking first of course!!. First we'll start out caramelizing some vidalia onions and green bell peppers, the aroma will fill your house that everyone will anxiously be waiting at the table, then we'll cook up some chicken until golden brown.This recipe is so good you might never go to a mexican restaurant again!!
I build my fajitas by taking my flour tortilla and adding a dab of sour cream and refried beans, then I add my chicken, onions and pepper and top it off with some cheddar cheese. I usually roll mine into something that looks like a burrito I lay the tortilla flat on my plate fold in the two sides in and then roll the tortilla up lengthwise so that way none of the delicious stuff inside falls out.
Tip: I use vidalia onions because I find that they aren't as potent as other onions but you can use whatever type of onion you like. To stop from tearing up when cutting your onion try rinsing it under cold water or freezing it first.
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 2 large vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1lb pkgs of chicken tenderloins, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 Tsp adobo seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 container of sour cream
- 1 12 oz pkg of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg flour tortillas
- 1Cut the pepper lengthwise about 1/2 inch thick, thinly slice onions about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Place pepper and onions in skillet, when the onions are starting to get translucent add the 1 tablespoon of sugar cook until deep golden brown.
- 4In the meantime, slice the chicken tenderloins in half lengthwise into strips, place chicken in a medium size bowl and add your adobo seasoning.
- 5Cover bowl and place in refrigerator.
- 6Remove the onions and peppers from skillet and place in a medium sized bowl and cover.
- 7Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet and add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside.