Now you would never know it by looking at me, but I'm the worst night time snacker there is every night after the baby goes to sleep and I sit down on the couch with hubby to unwind and watch some t.v I have to have some type of snack my favorite chips and cheese, but in reality it doesn't really matter what it is pretzels, ice cream you get the picture.Well my neighbor across the street has this huge Ice cream banana tree ( yes it is a real thing look it up they are a little sweeter than your average banana that you get at the store) and it made a lot of bananas right before he was about to go away so of course he gave us about 10 bunches, now what was I going to with all these bananas before they went bad.
Well I decided to freeze some, I made some banana cake and banana bread and of course we ate some and then my husband went shopping and came home with a dehyder thinking why would he ever buy this to myself we will never use it I decided to cut some up and dehydrate them for a healthy snack for the baby and my husband and I of course.
- 1 bunch of ice cream bananas, or about 8 regular bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon ( optional)
- 1Slice bananas on a mandoline using the medium thickness blade.
- 2Layer banana slice out on dehyder making sure not to overlap them. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- 3Place dehyder on 145 degrees for about 12 hrs. Let cool until crispy and Enjoy!!